Looking for some entertainment? Phu Quoc island has some interesting options available and in the future as tourism develops there will be more on offer. We have come up with some suggestions below for any of our visitors that are crying out for some fun in the sun.
For a great evenings entertainment, some of the Resorts on the island offer walk in Karaoke rooms that seat around a dozen people that you can hire by the hour. Prices are very reasonable, with drinks and food also available on order at most places.
This is a fantastic experience and will leave you laughing for hours. We have sung at the Karaoke rooms at Saigon Phu Quoc Resort, and found these to be terrific. Here's what is available;
- Saigon Phu Quoc resort: located in the building to the left after you enter the gate,
- Sasco Blue resort have 2 private rooms available as well.
- YNGAN Cafe & Karaoke Bar on Nguyen Trung Truc after Hung Vuong is a reasonably modern local place for talented individuals.
Night clubs in Phu Quoc are still a relatively rare species, though there are a coupe of places that endeavor to provide basic clubs if you're need of some good loud music and a chance to mix with others. Try;
- Ahoy Club at Charm Resort (Tran Hung Dao street) has a club playing different styles of dance music including
Hip Hop, Pop, and Rock music, and enjoy their cocktail bar.
- YNGAN Cafe & Karaoke Bar on Nguyen Trung Truc after Hung Vuong has a night club in the premises.
After an entertaining drink, here's a couple of the more lively bars around town that may be worth trying out for a drink:
- Rainbow Bar - on Long Beach, past Saigon Phu Quoc Resort, a good social place to catch up for a drink, and maybe talk about diving;
- Coco Bar at Charm Resort serves a wide range of well known cocktails
- Poolside Bar and Beach Bar at Saigon Phu Quoc Resort, guests always welcome.
- Sunken pool bar at Sasco Blue Resort offer cocktails and figure food, there other bar beside the Laguna Restaurant is open until midnight.
- Eden Bar - Further south down Long Beach stays open late and serves a decent range of drinks.
Saigon Phu Quoc Resort is planning on opening a gaming club - casino called the Dynasty Club in the future which is anticipated to include slot machines, and gaming tables including blackjack, baccarat, roulette and poker.